My Creations

Friday, May 6, 2011

Crochet Button Flower Bouquets

I'm seriously addicted to my Sizzix but I decided to try making my button flower bouquets using crochet flowers and they have turned out seriously adorable! I made my flowers using different size hooks and amount of stitches to make the flowers in various sizes. The basic pattern is as follows:
Chain 4, join to make a circle.
Chain 3, sc in circle 5 or 6 times depending on how many petals you want.
Sl st, Ch 1, 2 DC, Ch 1, Sl St in each Ch 3 space.
Sl st around  the back of the base of petal, Ch 4, Sl St around base of next petal 6 times.
Sl St, Ch 2, 4 Triple Crochet, Chain 2, Sl St in each Ch 4 space.
If you would like 3 layers, do another row using 5 chains and 6 Triple Crochet. This makes a rather large flower that could be used as a brooch or in a large bouquet.
I used a button as the flower center and one for the back to stabilize the flower and mixed in flowers made with just buttons.
Super duper easy project that makes a wonderful gift!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment